- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[edit source]
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Gertjan R. (bureaucrat, administrator)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Openbk (talk) 19:37, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
Reaction Gertjan R.[edit source]
I know I have been inactive here for a very long time now. Due to busy real life, the same applies for my activities on the English and Dutch Wikipedias at the moment.
However, I would prefer to retain my administrator and bureaucrat rights on the Nauruan Wikipedia in order to be able to further monitor the developments on this Wikipedia in a very near future. I would like to enhance my activities here as well as further researching and learning the Nauruan language and looking for mother tongue speakers of Nauruan, both on the internet and in real life, who could become active editors and also administrators. Micronesia and Nauru have remained a principal focus among my interests during my less active periods here as well, and I have been following Nauruan current affairs all the time.
Many thanks in advance for your appreciated feedback.
Help about Nauruan language[edit source]
I am a student and I am doing a research project about Nauruan language. Please, I would want to know how do you say these words in Nauruan:
- moustache (do you distinguish between beard [ebar] and moustache?)
Thank you very much for your contribuition.
Wikipedia to the Moon working phase[edit source]
Dear Nauruan Wikipedia language community,
First of all, I am sorry to write this in English.
You may already have heard about Wikipedia to the Moon: A team of scientists called the “PT Scientists” are going to send a space craft to the moon in 2017 and they want to take Wikipedia along with them. Because Wikipedia is so big, we cannot send all of it to the moon. That is why the international Wikipedia-community has voted to send all “Featured Articles and Featured Lists“ from all languages in Wikipedia.
“Featured Articles“ is a category in many language versions of Wikipedia that collects the very best articles in that language. Your community does not currently have a „Featured Articles“ category. Ideally, we want to take every language on Wikipedia to the moon and we also want to take the best articles in your language. That is why we would like you to tell us what the very best articles in your language are.
There are two ways you could do this:
- 1) You could introduce the categories “Featured Article” and “Featured List” in your language version of Wikipedia and vote for the best articles and put them in the category. We will take every article that is tagged as a “Featured Article” or a “Featured List” to the moon
- 2) You could vote for the best articles in your language version of Wikipedia and put them all on one a new Wikipedia page. If you let us know where we can find that list here, we will also take the articles to the moon.
The deadline for Wikipedia to the Moon is 31 October 2016. After that date, we will put all the Featured Articles and Lists onto a special disc and give it to the “PT Scientists.” They will take the Wikipedia articles into space next year.
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[edit source]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:38, 30 August 2016 (UTC)